Thursday, September 22, 2005

My worship team

I'd just like to thank God with this post :) You've sent me the people when I needed them the most! When I thought "Darn! No!!!", You've turned things around and now I'm saying "AHHH!!! YESSSS!!!" Today's first practice was a resounding success and I was just smiling all the way throughout the rehearsal!!! AHH!!! God, you're amazing!!! Why do I always underestimate Your power and guiding hand!??!?

Just a week ago, I learnt that I had to lead out worship for the Festival of Faith for a full week. I was given the 'pleasure' of searching for a band to back me up for the Festival of Faith and I was really down in the dumps. The previous band that I had was really really tight and I really enjoyed playing with them... They're now all not studying in Mission College and well... it's gone now. I felt dejected - no one left!

Lets take time forward to just a few days back. I went around asking a few guys for help...

1. Kai - Former Professional Drummer; who hasn't touched the drums for about a year and who has refused to play the set of drums in school because they're that lousey... yes... they are THAT bad. I asked him if he would join my team of musicians. He was hesitant and said he'd get back to me the next day... 'nuff said i guess - He said yes!

2. Petch - Electric Bass maestro. I asked him and he said yes almost immediately! I mean... whoa! How great can that be!? What a blessing!

3. Deanna - Piano maestro. She was assigned to play with me and she's so enthusiastic about it. I can't thank God for putting her on the team enough!!! Plays by ear and is really talented on the piano - really has the feel for music!

4. Lyndell - Piano/Keyboard maestro. He was my answer to Oscar's departure. Excellent on the piano, and keys - plays with a lot of feel! Just the thing that, to me is the "X-Factor" in deciding if a musician is good. Technical prowess is not everything - feel is something that needs to be there and he's got heaps of it!!

5. Me - Guitar player. :D

This team of musicians - so blessed to have them! They've got the FEEL for music and worship and I can't thank God enough for all these blessings!

Lord, the music that my team and I will bring to the school, I wish to bring to You as an offering. An offering of praise to You each time we step on stage to play :) thank You for Your blessings! No one else deserves the praises that we're gonna bless You with, no one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home