Friday, April 28, 2006

*ahem* This is the president speaking!

*ahem* This is the president speaking! Yes, I was voted in as the International Club's president - president of the International student body *wah - such a "BIG" post*. Wonder why I was voted in... gonna be stressful (evil laff - but who cares? I'm the PRESIDENT). It's a big responsibility and well... looks like I should be up to the task if the other students on campus think I am.

Related to this - at the moment, maybe for just this short while, I've gotten a celebrity status here on campus with both students and faculty because I've managed to churn out a yearbook that's been the best since SAUC started! It's been touted by the weekly newsletter, newsbyte as "looking like an art deco book" and by the marketing department saying that "it's even better than our brochures". I even got to speak and receive an introduction from one of the Vice President's during the weekly Faculty and Staff meeting! Woohoo~ Talk about doing it in style... haha~ The yearbook - not everyone likes it of course, and I've alreay heard some snide remarks - nonetheless, I'm enjoying this little perhaps... 50 days of fame? I know the nurses are insanely happy because the yearbook is out early and they can have their yearbook before they leave to the Bangkok campus (in previous years, the nursing students never did get their yearbooks because they always came late... they'd get it really really really late or never at all because all of them would be stuck here at Saraburi Campus). Lets not let my head get too big...! On to some spiritual stuff!

Tomorrow's worship here at Mission College will be led out by the youth and I'm the worship leader for tomorrow! Been a while since I picked up my guitar for service so tonight I'll be playing away! I've gotta get my fingers to move right again!

The whole service has been planned around Matthew 6, 7 and 8 - the Sermon on the Mount. I actually wrote a song that will be sung thrice in the service that's based on the Sermon on the Mount. The title is "Blessed are you". I hope that the song will be a blessing to the worshippers tomorrow! Hmm... just thinking - I really should restring my guitar - she's dying for new strings!

The day so far has been kinda mundane - studying for examinations; the exam mode hasn't really set in yet and I'm still not really 'awake' to the fact that the examinations begin next week. Realized I made a mistake in an order for PPCP - supposed to deliver an order but I kinda thought it was a self-collect! Darn... Mistakes :( sigh.

Oh yeah! I'll be studying Hebrew next semester - crazy eh? I'm not much of a linguist but I'm still taking language courses - its INSANE! The books cost $$$ too... gotta thank my dad for chipping in to help me get some of the books. I know my friends look for sponsors for their books - my sponsor is my dad and that I wanna tell everyone - I'm proud to have a dad who's so supportive of my studies! Thank you daddy!!!

A little about family - i just read my bro's blogs - Jeremy and Benedict and man... do I miss them both. Jeremy's serving his National Service right now with the SCDF (Singapore Civil Defence Force) and Benedict's in Australia studying to be a doctor! IF you have the time, head down to their blogs - very nice pictures and interesting lives they're leading at the moment~ Mine's kinda mundane as you can see, but I'm trying to spice life up a little~ hehehe :) A little sugar and spice and all that's nice will make nat a nice boy too! *whee*

Still playing with my little Olympus Mju all weather digital camera!~ Wheee! It's a little bundle of joy! haha~ My Oly E-1 will still definitely see a lot of action, but this little Mju will get down and dirty too. *muahaha* Little Oly will walk side-by-side with Big-Brother Oly. I'll post some pictures that this little Oly can do sooN! Maybe start today with Friday market? Who knows... only way to find out is... *drumroll*... for you to check back soon!!! Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home