Sunday, September 10, 2006

a sad goodbye

title: a sad goodby
by: nathaniel tan

i said goodbye to a friend today
someone who was close to me in the darkest of my days
i said goodbye to usher in a brand new day
hoping for a new beginning

picking up the pieces of my life again
i think it's for the best
to let go is the greatest gift that someone could possibly give
i made this decision for the happiness of another
to prove i really cared for a friend, close as a brother

i don't know if you will see it
this sacrifice i've made
to let go of my dreams to help you take your first flight
i hope that you will soar
i hope that you will fly
i hope that you will find the happiness that you're searching for

a sad goodbye it is for me
to give up my hopes and dreams
but truth be said my hopes and dreams
will be fulfilled in you when your happiness is found

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home