Sunday, April 15, 2007

Roadtrip!

YEAHHH!! Okay, finally Nat posts... FINALLY *phew* Right...

My roadtrip... all about it *without pix cos nobody brought a camera*. Went to a few provinces with my fiancee and a friend and classmate of mine from M'sia, Kishen, meeting up with an ex-classmate and other friends along the way! All this was done in my rented '00 Toyota Camry 2.2 SE.G - super luxurious though it's 7 years old... nice... did a good 650km in three days and I must say, I had heaps of fun on the road with my friends!!!

Doca
Pr. Ben
Kishen
Ji
Pr. Myo
Suwala

Friday, 13th April 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woke up, brushed teeth and did mathematics, took a shower and had a look at the maps that I'd gotten, going through them again to make sure that I knew where I was going. Called Doca up at around 7:30am and went for breakfast... we had to have a big one. Planned to head down to Bangkok, walk around the malls (haven't been there for ages!!) before heading up to a different province to check out a church that my friend Ben was setting up (church planting).

So, Doca, Kishen and I drove from Mission College to Bangkok and the drive there was rather uneventful, other than getting my first tollway ticket that cost a whopping 30Baht! haha! Navigating in Bangkok is rather confusing with heaps of one-way streets and times where certain streets are 2 way and 1 way (crazy). We got to MBK shopping mall at about 12pm (a 2 hour drive) after getting through nasty traffic with bikes and cars squeezing for space and stretched our legs, welcoming the airconditioned mall.

After a sumptuous lunch at the food court, we walked around and pretty much window shopped... went to Siam Discovery and Sian Center to walk around also and I ended up buying a few gift books for a few friends (these are VERY VERY nice). It was about 3:30pm then and Doca wanted to head to Platinum Plaza (it's a huge mall full of clothes and women's accessories), so we pulled out the trusty map and plotted the route. Full of one-way streets *faint*. We reached Platinum and the parking was really fun!!! Super steep and narrow passages up to the 7th floor... where parking is at - could see all the scrapes that were on the walls... hahaha~ Lotsa cars must've left a sign that they were once there...

Well, for Friday... ended up at Ben's place (after making a U-Turn one bridge too early) at around 6:45, just before the sun went down and we stayed over for Sabbath. Ben, Myo, Ji and Suwala were there and we all had a nice dinner cooked by Ben.

I'll update more next time~ hehehe :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home