Saturday, April 22, 2006

An hour too late

Woke up this morning at a nice 6:30am, read my bible and didn't take a shower - simply brushed my teeth, washed my face and about an hour later at 7:20, met Doca to go for breakfast. Breakfast was the usual - I had 4 slices of bread, marmalade, salted margarine and a sunny-side up egg. We had our breakfast and decided to take a long ride out the back of the school to the front of the school then back to our dorms so we did. What we both weren't prepared for was a phonecall from a close friend in the afternoon... the conversation is as follows:

Nicholas: Yo Nat, how's it going?
Me: Been pretty good... regular day I guess
Nicholas: Okay, you can be totally honest with me on this alright?
Me: Why... sure... what's it about?
Nicholas: Well, I saw you and Doca coming back from Muak Lek this morning. I was in the van that went past you on the opposite side of the road... where'd you guys spend the night... outside?
Me: WHAT!??! hahahaha!!!
Nicholas: What??? What's so funny
Me: HAHAHA!!! We came from the CAF!!! And I was in my room in my dorm, Doca was in her room in her dorm with Shimona.
Nicholas: The CAF? What the &*&*! The CAF isn't in Muak Lek
Me: I know... we kinda took the long way out from the back of the school out pass the chicken farm then back...
Nicholas: Well... okay, thats weird... but hey, whatever's good for you man, whatever's good for you

That was an interesting conversation~ :P hahahaha It was so funny Doca and I were rolling in fits of laughter!

Sabbath school was pretty interesting, with our new Chaplain, Mr Johnny Wong, teaching us about the Holy Spirit. *heres a VERY VERY DILUTED FORM OF MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS ON THE HOLY SPIRIT* The holy spirit can be described like water and fire. Both are cleansing agents (Biblically), both are also things that we need to survive. Both are very powerful things - When a Tsunami comes or when a volcano erupts, both cause maximum damage that it can bring out - similarly, the Holy Spirit does the same in our lives... He turns our lives upside down if we let Him to take control. The problem is, we are sometimes afraid of what the Holy Spirit might do to/for us that we do not give Him a chance to take over. We sing songs asking God to 'take control', 'take our lives'... but how much do we really allow Him to? Okay, just for thoughts yeah?

The sermon, sad to say, was total rubbish in my opinion... the topic of the Holy Spirit was not really met and it became a sermon that actually was gossip! How unchristian-like of our former president. Lunch was usual and the afternoon was a lazy one. They had a talk on Courtship & Dating form 3pm - 4:30pm which I didn't attend (not that I don't think I need the tips but I was too lazy to attend).

When the sun went down, Kishen, Doca and myself went to play a little 1 vs 2 then 1 vs 1 basketball. Was so fun! Okay... after that was dinner. Doca and I planned to head out to "Dairy Home" for desert... but after dinner, it was about 1hour too late cos Dairy Home closed at 8pm... 1 hour too late. Oh well, maybe next time! Bread, yoghurt and icecream next time when we plan to go again! Gd nite ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home