Saturday, August 12, 2006

great is your reward~

Writing a song that would was well received wasn't expected - it started off as a prayer of comfort. I wrote this song a few months back... somewhere in February, just after Valentines. It was written to go with a sermon preached by one of my professors, on the 'sermon on the mount'

===============================
Verse:
Blessed are you who are poor in spirit
Blessed are you who hunger for more
Blessed are those who weep now
For you will weep no more
Chorus:
For the kingdom of God is yours
and you will be satisfied
Crying will be no more
oh great is your reward
===============================

Played on piano, this is a very, very nice song. I remember singing it during service that day. It was sung three times in total, maybe four! We ended with that song and after the service, people were still sitting in their pews, meditating on the lyrics. A friend came up to me and said that the song had really ministered to him. Amen to that!

The lyrics mean so much to me... blessed are those who weep now, for you will weep no more. A promise from God that he will wipe away every tear from my eyes and that crying will be no more in heaven! Oh how great I believe that reward is - to have no more pain, no more sorrow, no sadness... wow :) Great is the reward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home